Concrete 9.0 Release Candidate 1 Now Available!

Ok, I’ll change those and see how it goes.

Hasn’t the $app->make been replaced by $app() yet in v8 or v9?

@andrew - is there a list of assets that have been deprecated and what their replacements are? Is there a list of v9 assets?

Thinking about this more, a lot of developers could save a lot of time and generally be more productive testing the rc if a developer’s guide for v9 were published.
This would need to summarise what code changes need to be made to application and package code to adapt to the changing interfaces, deprecated code and other differences between v8 and v9.

About to try this out now, I’ll feedback my thoughts.

Thanks for all the helpful feedback in this thread. I’ve released RC2.

You can see the issues that RC2 covers (here in the Done column): 9.0.0RC To Do · GitHub

I’m sure there will be much more to fix in the coming days, but hopefully this is helpful as you continue to work with the release candidate. Updating RC1 to RC2 should be a very painless process.

Additionally, I’ve started a tutorial detailing all the common pain points when updating add-ons/themes for version 9. I’m sure there is much more to add to this but hopefully this is a helpful start: Add-On Developers: Get Your Add-Ons Ready for Concrete CMS 9.0 :: Concrete CMS