Concrete CMS 9.2.0RC1 Now Available!

I’m happy to announce that the first release candidate for Concrete 9.2.0 is now available!

9.2.0 is a huge release, including major new features like

• Improved in-page editing experience
  • Site Health and Production Modes
  • A full built-in REST API
  • and much, much more.

Seriously, these are just the major new features. There are plenty of minor feature updates, quality of life improvements and bug fixes.

Click here to read all about what’s coming in version 9.2.0.

We’d love your help testing the upgrade and ensuring that it goes smoothly. You can get the release candidate by heading to the download page and scrolling down past the official releases. Please take it for a test drive and let us know what you think.

Download Concrete CMS >

7 Likes

Initially I had a problem with the update, but it’s probably the server’s fault, after the update it looks quite stable, when are you planning to release an official version?

The “health” section and removing tasks seems very useful.

1 Like

Appears during the upgrade by replacing the “concrete” directory, but it may be server-related, next try is usually fruitful.

What about tagging it? That way we can use composer to check it out (by requiring concretecms/core:9.2.0RC1)

1 Like

Thank you Andrew, Portland Labs, and all the other people helping to develop ConcreteCMS. Your dedication and good work are greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Do not go for maintenance mode.

Updated hoping that ‘Fixed error registering users with email validation under PHP 8’ was going to fix my issue with ‘Class “Concrete\Controller\SinglePage\Config” not found’, since that gets thrown up at

if (Config::get('concrete.email.register_notification.name')) {

But nope, still getting the error; the user is submitted to the database with no way to verify them short of a direct db edit.

(and yes, have confirmed that registration works fine if email validation isn’t required)

Hadn’t seen these before - these should be fixed by Misc fixes 031323 by aembler · Pull Request #11288 · concretecms/concretecms · GitHub when it’s merged in and will be released in the next 9.2 release/release candidate.

1 Like

Maybe it’s my environment (Linux Linux Mint 20 Ulyana MySQL 8.0.32-0ubuntu0.20.04.2, home brewed PHP 8.1.8) , but I got an exception when upgrading from 9.1.2

An exception occurred while executing ‘ALTER TABLE OAuth2ClientScopes ADD CONSTRAINT FK_497E26F39ECFF1A8 FOREIGN KEY (clientIdentifier) REFERENCES OAuth2Client (identifier) ON DELETE CASCADE’: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 3780 Referencing column ‘clientIdentifier’ and referenced column ‘identifier’ in foreign key constraint ‘FK_497E26F39ECFF1A8’ are incompatible.