Password Protect (outside of built in permissions) - Single Pages and Sub Pages

I have a need to use simple password protection for some pages and sub-pages that works outside of the user permissions and user accounts of Concrete CMS v9.

The add-on options currently do not support v9 (specifically 9.1.3 with PHP 8.1.16). I have ask one of the creators of the add-on if they will support v9. However someone asked the same question a while back with no response. So I don’t have much hope there.

I preface with that to ask this question. Is there a way to do this properly? Is there a way to do this that hopefully won’t break (or need to be done again) after updates are applied in the future?

I’m searched the forums and documentation and haven’t found anything very useful. Most have suggested the add-on that doesn’t work with v9.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Maybe it’s pretty simple to fix the existing password add-on to be compatible. What error message(s) do you get when you try to use it in v9? Nobody can guarantee that today’s programs won’t break.

I did not try installing it as I didn’t want to purchase it without some reply from the person who offers it. Also, I don’t know if they even offer a manual DL of it. I think I read someone in there that it may not be compatible with the way v9 uses database tables (although don’t quote me on that).

I can’t image I’m the only one who needs this feature. It seems pretty basic. WordPress has many plugins that do this for WP. Why is this not a built in feature? Why is there literally one other add-on offered and that one isn’t compatible and the developer seems to be MIA?

I was hoping someone already solved this or has something they could offer as a solution.

Maybe I’m missing something. New to the platform so was hoping someone could shed some light on it.