Template with content

I know how to take a template, change it if I need to, name it and upload it so it is visible as a new template to use when making new pages. What I wonder is if it is possible to actually have content (for example a dummy image where the image is supposed to go) incorporated in the template.

So for the user instead of adding an image block he just edits the block and change the image that I put there. And for tex instead of adding a text block, the template has a text block that he can edit.

Is it doable?

my go to here might be to add an image (file) attribute to the page, where the user can change the image in composer edit. Then in my template you code it to display your basic image if the image is not selected, or the image in the attribute if one is selected…

Csan I do this while nit still acts like a temlate? So of the user wants to add a new project page he chooses my custom template and it already has an image for him to replace with whatever is going on the project page?

Correct. Think of it this way. Create the template the way you want it with a base image displaying. Now all you have to do is edit your template code to check for the image attribute you created. If it has an image selected, use that one instead of the base image…

Hmm. Sounds complicated. I just know how to defíne the areas to have content

I have to say, you’ve just sparked an idea for additional functionality to a custom package I have, in regards to displaying a dummy image unless one is selected. This same package would handle displaying text out of the box as well. Give me some time here today to work this in and I’ll provide you with a copy of the package to solve your issues!! Private message notifications are broken on the site right now, but keep an eye on your concrete cms inbox, where we can exchange emails. Let me know here if you never get a PM from me…

edit: PM Sent…

@djoniba I’ve sent you an email in preparation. I’ve got this working, wringing out a couple bugs, and want to figure out your comfort level with how this will work as an option…