503 SERVICE ERROR when contact form submitted

Hello, Customer flagged up an issue today wiuth contact form.

All of a sudden when a contact form is submitted, it is coming up with the below error. No setting have been changed in concrete5. Godaddy are saying it is a code error on the form, Please Help!

Version Installed - 5.7.4.2
PHP version - 5.4

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

THANKS…

I hit this the other day on a site and it was 100% a server issue. Nothing had changed at all on the site and the contact form just started with 503 errors. No amount of fiddling with PHP, checking logs or changing PHP versions resolved it. The server techs fixed it without me changing anything.

They didn’t give me much detail when I asked what they fixed, but I believe it’s a cPanel related issue, as later on the hosting sent out a notice that they had patched all their servers.

Snap I had the exact same issue. Thought it was my code.

Could be a firewall issue. Sometimes firewalls block things like CAPTCHA requests to Google or even CMS requests to save data.

Thanks for comments. Update on this. After checking almost every bit of code, and every setting on hosting andnot seeing anything obvious… I simply removed the Google Captcha and is now working. So for whatever reason, Google have changed something on their captcha, which now blocks the form being sent. So for the time being, I will need to accept spam from people like Eric, until I can figure out what Google have changed.

I’d wager it’s still not Google’s Captcha that has changed, but it’s still the server responding incorrectly. It just happens to be that with that catpcha enabled it triggers the server bug.

There really shouldn’t be anything you could send via a script that triggers a Service Unavailable. I’d still get in contact with your host.