Addon download issue (also Updates)

I’ve downloaded a new addon, Xanweb’s inage carousel. Paid and assigned to site but it doesn’t show up in 'add functionality ’ im using v9 3.1 with the updated PackageRepository.php.

Is there an issue withvthe addon or marketplace?

So now v9.3.2 is available I tried to update.

I see its available in concrete but:

download error /updates directory exists. Perhaps this item has already been installed.

/updates is empty and there is no /application/config/updates.php!

if I remove /updates is says directory does not exist

if I change permissions it says must be writable by web server.

I have addons which require update but when I update them it does it but then still shows as requiring an update.

Any suggestions.

I have now updated to 9.3.2 manually. If i put addons in /packages they show in ‘extend concrete’ and will install from interface.

Existing addons still show 'update available ’ but with version at same version. The update message can’t be cleared.

@darkmatter to clarify, was the add-on installed in the site prior to upgrading?

The /updates directory is only used for core updates. What are you doing that produces an error about that directory? You must be trying to update the core and running into this bug?

The part about updated add-ons still reporting that they need to be updated is something I saw on 9.3.0, but I can no longer reproduce it with 9.3.2. If you go to Dashboard > Extend concrete5 > Update Add-Ons and update any shown there, then go back to Dashboard > Extend concrete5 , do you still see the message?

If so, please let me know the package and what version of Concrete and the package you were using before the updates.

to clarify, was the add-on installed in the site prior to upgrading?

Yes, 3 addons i had installed prior to upgrading to 9.3.2.

The /updates directory is only used for core updates. What are you doing that produces an error about that directory? You must be trying to update the core and running into [this bug ]

Exactly… I was upgrading from 9.3.1 to 9.3.2

… If you go to Dashboard > Extend concrete5 > Update Add-Ons and update any shown there, then go back to Dashboard > Extend concrete5 , do you still see the message?

Yes.

If so, please let me know the package and what version of Concrete and the package you were using before the updates.

Concrete v 9.3.2
Crista Theme v.2.0.4 , Touch Gallery 4 v.4.0.2, Light Slider v.2.0.1

e.g crista Theme v2.0.4 > v2.0.4.0 (same with the rest)

thanks for the clarification. I’ll try to reproduce the issue.

From your description, the main problem is mostly cosmetic though, right? The add-ons did actually update, but the dashboard says they still need to be updated?