I have a client who unleashed his son-in-law on the server back in Dec/25 and a couple of days later these files showed up in the public_html folder. They are well-written utilities but I don’t remember putting them on the server or running them. They won’t run in the concrete environment where they sit so no damage done but I’m curious about them.
It seems they are some (debugging?) scripts that may be used to extract some details from the Concrete installation.
Of course, without seeing their contents, it’s rather hard to tell what they do ![]()
These are scripts custom written by someone who knows what they’re doing (not me LOL) for the specific domain and the file names tell you what they do. Most of them bulk update the SEO stuff with consistent descriptions and such. I know I didn’t upload them and it’s awkward to ask the client who did because it’s clearly someone else. I have no problem sharing the maintenance and even handing it off to someone cuz I’m 70 years old and sometimes I’d rather be golfing, LOL, but I should be in the loop if someone else is touching the website.
The important and immediate action is to get them out of the public_html web root to somewhere they can’t be run by just anyone.
Then check whether they are run as cron jobs.
Then check with the client whether and when they use them manually.
By moving them out of the web root you may break something that connects to them - which will also indicate if they are used.
That should tell you whether they need to be kept and if kept, how important they are.
If they are not used, then put/keep them somewhere inaccessible and leave a note for whoever follows.
If the functionality does need to be kept, assuming they play nicely with the core and database, perhaps they should be refactored into Concrete CLI commands or Tasks.
They are CLI scripts. I’ve moved them out of the root. I’ll have to bring it up with the client. Whoever knew enough to write concrete-specific CLI scripts should also know not to leave them floating around.
Or someone knew enough to ask Claude / Chat GPT / pick your LLM and copy & pasted them into the document root without realizing the implications of this ![]()
