Area Permissions

I have permissions for ‘Edit Content’ set to Global Administrators and a group I made called Bentley Webmaster. The problem I am having is that the Bentley Webmaster cannot add blocks to the pages they have permission to. I know that I can go to the area permissions and override this. Is there a way to made Add Blocks part of Bentley Webmaster by default?

Hi @jcarpenter11986
First try going into your dashboard → Stacks and Blocks → Block & Stack Permissions. or example.com/index.php/dashboard/blocks/permissions
Add Bentley Webmaster to the Add Block Group.
Let me know if you run into any snags.
Jess

Hi, Jessica. Thanks for reaching out! It’s my understanding that this page sets permissions globally; however, I don’t want Bentley Webmaster to have this permission everywhere. I’d rather set it at one page level and have it inherit the permissions on all sub pages.

Thank you!

Another way you can accomplish the Bentley Webmaster Group to add blocks permissions is by creating a custom page type(s) for the group.

If the Bentley Webmaster group does not have edit access, the dashboard menu doesn’t display and neither does the add block button.

Here’s how:
Set the Add Block permissions for the Bentley Webmaster like above:
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 11.52.28 AM

Next
Create or Copy a page type and Name it Bentley Webmaster. Set the permissions similar to this: