Attempt to read property "requested_version" on null

Got the error message “Attempt to read property “requested_version” on null” when I navigated to the update concrete page. I tried Googling this error and searching the forums here and couldn’t find anything. Any suggestions?

Version Installed - 9.2.7
PHP 8.2.18

Thanks,
Joe

The new marketplace connection only works with core v9.3+, so updating the site to 9.3.latest should fix.

There is a bug in 9.3.1 and a pull request to fix (see recent forum posts), so if you can wait for a few day or two 9.3.2 will save needing to patch the bug or update again.

You are probably best doing a manual update using the ‘replace /concrete folder’ method. How to Upgrade Concrete CMS

3 Likes

Thanks, John! That was what I was thinking, I would have to manually upgrade. I’ll wait a few days for 9.3.2. :smiley:

1 Like

9.3.2 has just been released: GitHub - concretecms/concretecms at 9.3.2

2 Likes

I have a site on 9.2.9.
I can’t connect to marketplace without 9.3 or higher.
I have tried manually installing both 9.3.0 and 9.3.2.

Both throw an error starting with Attempt to read property “requested_version” on null

Under that there is a list of the errors, of which these are the first 3:
9.2.9/concrete/src/Updater/ApplicationUpdate/DiagnosticFactory.php(11): Whoops\Exception\ErrorException->null

9.2.9/concrete/src/Updater/ApplicationUpdate/DiagnosticFactory.php(11): Whoops\Run->handleError

9.2.9/concrete/src/Updater/ApplicationUpdate.php(170): Concrete\Core\Updater\ApplicationUpdate\DiagnosticFactory->getFromJSON

So I’m stuck, cant update manually and cant connect to marketplace?

I got the error as well but the error is for 9.2. I just ran the manual update anyway for 9.3.2 and seems to be okay now.