Bug: Composer Not Working

After publishing or saving a Composer page when you return to Composer the data/page attribute fields are empty though they are present on the page. If you save or publish from Composer again, those empty fields are written over as empty fields including the page name which then becomes problematic when searching for it in the sitemap. If you go to the Attributes section the data is present and everything is fully functional. At this point I have to tell my client not to ‘re-edit’ via Composer. Very awkward.

I’ve tested with all caching turned off including at the host, and the problem remains. I’ve seen historic threads about this with no pertinent solution.

concrete5 Version

Core Version - 8.5.4
Version Installed - 8.5.4
Database Version - 20200609145307

Database Information

Version: 5.7.32-35-log
SQL Mode: STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

concrete5 Packages

Block Designer (3.3.0), Clear Clipboard (1.0.1), Document Library (2.0.3), List files from set (1.0.7), Migration Tool (0.9.1), Page List Map and Geocode (2.0.0), Simple Gallery (1.0.9), Vivid Carousel (1.0.1)

@kimstone, I’ve tried to reproduce this bug with a fresh insntall of 8.5.4 but I was unable. Could you go to Dashboard > Pages & Themes, > Page Types and then select “Edit Form” for the page type you are having a problem with. Then post a screenshot or description of that form so I can try to create a similar Composer form.

Thank you, Myq

I’m finally getting back to visiting this issue. We came up with a workaround by simply editing the page attributes, rather than attempting to edit in Composer, but my client is now getting paranoid about the Composer bug.

I’ve attached the screenshot you requested.

The form generates details of forest property for sale. Here is a link to an active page:

I would be more than happy to provide the php/html for that page type if that would help.

Preformatted text

On another note, Ive transferred the site to a dev environment twice. I did it two times as each transfer resulted an a totally blank Composer interface when I went to edit any of these pages in Composer. I’m not getting concerned about some type of conflict, bug, or corruption of some sort.

Typo…should say: 'I’m now getting concerned…".