Changing URL in version 9

I’m developing a new site using version 9 (atomik theme). I installed C5.9 into a folder, in public_html, ‘mysite’ and set my development URL to point to it. Every thing was working fine.

I then set real URL to point to the aforementioned folder.

When I looked at the real URL the content was there but none of the styles and none of the animations were working. Back at the development URL everything was still OK so I cleared the cache and refreshed my real URL which then LOOKED OK but still the animations were not working, I assume because it was failing to find/load the JS libraries. Now the development URL had lost all its style and animations until I cleared the cache and refreshed the page, at which pont I was back to the original state.

Looking at the page source, all the links seem to reference the folder but in the header area there is one apparent difference in that the JS about CCM Dispatcher in the development version references the folder but the ‘live’ version doesn’t,

development version contains (some lines removed)…

<script type="text/javascript">
    var CCM_DISPATCHER_FILENAME = "/mysite/index.php";
    var CCM_IMAGE_PATH = "/mysite/concrete/images";
    var CCM_APPLICATION_URL = "https://develop.server.co.uk/mysite";
    var CCM_REL = "/mysite";
</script>

while the failing one has…

<script type="text/javascript">
    var CCM_DISPATCHER_FILENAME = "/index.php";
    var CCM_IMAGE_PATH = "/concrete/images";
    var CCM_APPLICATION_URL = "https://myrealsite.co.uk";
    var CCM_REL = "";
</script>

Although I’ve been working with C5 since the days of 5.6, I’ve never come across this issue before, but this is my first venture into 5.9 and I’m by no means an expert. Am I missing something obvious? Is there a setting I haven’t found? Any help much appreciated.

[extra]
Further to this, I’ve just discovered that in the development environment, when I log out, the static images disappear! Examining the generated code I see they’ve lost the folder name in the src field. Perhaps this is all an issue with version 9 and I’m better off going back to v8 for the time being?