CKEditor Vulnerability

As of this morning, when editing a content block I’m seeing a popup security warning:

This CKEditor 4.22.1 version is not secure. Consider upgrading to the latest one, 4.24.0-lts.

This is on an 8.5.14 site.

A quick search reveals this:
Release notes | CKEditor.com dated 7/2/24

Looks like the only fix being offered is in the paid-for LTS version of CKEditor.

Anybody else seeing this?

Yeah seeing this also on a version 8 site, I see someone posted a ‘Fix’ was to edit the config file and add config.versionCheck = false; but I can’t get it to work?
@andrew has a working fix in the Github page posted by @jero

Got the same issue on three updated sites (9.2.5).

We have the same this morning on a bunch of sites. We’re getting it on 5.8.13 and 5.8.14 but older versions 8.5.4 seem fine. Just waiting for all the clients to start calling.

Have hundreds of websites concerned, so I just added
, 'versionCheck' => false

to this file, line 143, to quickfix this problem, waiting for an official fix.

There seems to be more discussion going on here about this issue This CKEditor 4.22.1 (Standard) version is not secure. Consider upgrading to the latest one, 4.24.0-lts. · Issue #11931 · concretecms/concretecms · GitHub
Looks like Andrew has a temporary fix that can go in application/config/generated_overrides/site.php rather than the core.

Here is a lengthy summary of the issue – incidentally, this message should have disappeared for everyone even without these updates.

1 Like