Different Express Objects see different value for shared Association Entry selection

I have an Express Object for Tournaments. And I have a whole lot of other Express Objects that have associations with it.

When I use forms for some of those Express Objects to select which Tournament, a bunch of them see the Tournament name, but a bunch of other Express Objects (unsure how many) instead see numbers for the same Association selection. The numbers look to probably be the Serial ID# for the Tournament.

I am not yet finding why this is happening, as the Forms appear to be effectively identical in configuration for presenting the Selection. And the Association configuration appears to be the same.

Anyone have any ideas what’s going on here and what I can do about it? I could swear I’ve seen this before but I’m not entirely sure what the solution was… if I even for sure found the solution before…

And of course I’ve found my own solution, yet again : Add Name Display Format to Entity · Issue #5766 · concretecms/concretecms · GitHub

So in the Form, I edit the configuration for the Association, in this case for the Tournaments, and refer to some of the Attributes within the Tournament Express Object, “%association_handle1% %association_handle2%” (do not actually need the double quotation marks).

That defines what’s presented in the Form. Somehow this happened for some of my Forms without this even being included. So a touch confusing, but yay solution found!

1 Like