Difficulty Implementing Custom Theme Changes

I’m facing challenges with implementing custom theme changes on my website built with Concrete CMS, and I’m seeking assistance to resolve it.

Background: I’ve been using Concrete CMS to power my website, and I recently decided to customize the theme to better reflect my brand and improve user experience. However, I’m encountering difficulties when attempting to apply customizations to the theme’s design and layout.

Issue: The main problem arises when I try to make changes to the theme’s HTML, CSS, or JavaScript files to customize elements such as fonts, colors, layout structure, and navigation. Despite making the changes in the theme files, the modifications are not reflecting correctly on the live website when I preview or refresh the pages.

Troubleshooting: Here are the steps I’ve taken to troubleshoot the issue so far:

1. Double-checked the file paths and syntax in the theme files to ensure that the customizations are applied correctly.
  2. Cleared the Concrete CMS cache and browser cache to ensure that outdated files are not being served.
  3. Tested the theme changes on a local development environment to see if they apply correctly before pushing them to the live website.
  4. Reviewed the Concrete CMS documentation and community forums for any known issues or best practices related to theme customization.

Observations: Despite these efforts, I’m still unable to implement custom theme changes effectively on my Concrete CMS website. This limitation hampers my ability to create a unique and tailored experience for my website visitors and inhibits the achievement of my branding and design goals.

Request for Assistance: If anyone has encountered similar challenges with implementing custom theme changes in Concrete CMS or has suggestions for troubleshooting steps or alternative approaches, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Ensuring seamless customization capabilities is crucial for achieving the desired look and feel of my website, and I’m eager to find a solution to this problem.

Thank you for your assistance and expertise!

I have seen this happen before and it can be server related. I have had it where servers are slow to show new files.

Just to check it you upload a text.txt file to the server with “hello” on it is it there when you surf to it?

1 Like

Thank you for your response and suggestion. I appreciate your insight into the potential server-related issues that could be causing the difficulties with my custom theme changes in Concrete CMS.

I will certainly try uploading a test text file as you suggested to see if it reflects correctly when accessed through the browser. If it does, then it would indicate that the server is indeed serving new files properly, and the issue might lie elsewhere in the customization process.

I’ll give this a try and let you know the results. Thanks again for your help!