Draft page - wrongly assigned location

Hi community. I have created a draft page and dragged it to the desired location. After that I was asked to assign the location and got confused - at the end the location looked something like that: mywebsiteblah.com/example/example/example. (Instead of ‘example’ there was a name the intended subpage). It caused the site to load for a considerable amount of time and the draft page has disappeared from: drafts and from there where I have dragged it in the sitemap to create a subpage… I can only find it in search but clicking on the ‘found’ link it leads to the long loading and ends up with a blank page… Any thoughts what to do and how to find the draft page, reassign the location or (the best solution) how to delete it? Concrete 9.2.2, PHP not 8 Thank you

@alex5b - just so I’m understanding, you created a draft, then dragged it from under the drafts node to another spot in your site? Or did you create it somewhere else?

Hi Evan, I found it via page search and deleted it. All good now. Thank you for responding. Happy Holidays!

1 Like

@EvanCooper I can verify this. You can drag a draft page out of the drafts folder to wherever you’d like in the sitemap. It will be visible through navigation etc, but remain a draft until published. Upon publishing, if you accidentally select the page itself from the location picker vs the parent page where the moved draft resides, things tweak as described by @alex5b (When the page is still in the draft folder you cant select it via the picker because we cant see system pages in that list). In my case my page path became /about/page-name/page-name/page-name where it should have been /about/page-name. The comically long infinite loop ends with the display of the page not found page. github issue inbound…

1 Like
1 Like