Error On updating addons ready for V9 update?

Hi People

Is any one else seeing this error when trying to update addons? as new V9 compatabiltites are out I am settign up for V9 update - how ever i have a number of addon updates all seem to complete teh update but shows me this error?

Unknown column type "json" requested. Any Doctrine type that you use has to be registered with \Doctrine\DBAL\Types\Type::addType(). You can get a list of all the known types with \Doctrine\DBAL\Types\Type::getTypesMap(). If this error occurs during database introspection then you might have forgot to register all database types for a Doctrine Type. Use AbstractPlatform#registerDoctrineTypeMapping() or have your custom types implement Type#getMappedDatabaseTypes(). If the type name is empty you might have a problem with the cache or forgot some mapping information.

Any Ideas?
carl

That could be a chicken and egg error. It could also be due to an ancient MySQL version.

The version of doctrine used by v9 supports fields of type ‘json’

The version of doctrine in v8 does not ( it supports deprecated fields of type ‘json_array’)

If the database migration runs under the old version of doctrine, it could be trying to use field type json before the code supports it.

You could try putting database entities into development mode.

@carl101lee did you find a fix here?