Express Form Confirmation E-mail not being Sent

Hey Everyone

I have a Concrete CMS 8.5.4 site for a client that I use two Express Forms to collect basic data from site users. When a user enters the data a submits the form. The confirmation e-mail that is supposed to go out does not.

When I check the Reports > Logs page I get the two following errors.

This seems like a server configuration issue. I would recommend getting access to a free/cheap SMTP server like Sendgrid, and configuring Concrete’s email to work with an external SMTP server (and inputting the info from Sendgrid into there.) Then try re-sending email and see if it works. It could be that your server isn’t set up to send email using PHP.

Hey Andrew

Thanks for the the reply. I have 4 other Concrete sites on the server and they send out e-mails notifications just fine. When I looked at the log this issues seems to have started around February 2022.

The from address is @sdagency.net and this could be causing the SPF check to fail. SPF specifies authorized sending domains/IP addresses. Also note that the SPF record for securitywoodlawn.com has some issues. Gmail could be failing on the SPF check tossing that e-mail notification, possibly to spam.

As Andrew suggested, best to use an outbound SMTP service. SendGrid is fine, MailerSend is awesome.