Express object Filtering and sorting issue

Hi,

I’m experiencing some issues with express object with filtering and sorting.

I’m trying to filter based on option list value and using the default express list block or tried pulling data from express object programmatically but it’s behaviour is very inconsistent, sometime it display data and sometime it doesn’t.

If i remove the filter, block display the data just fine.

For testing purposes i have disabled the cache for block, page and even for the site to ensure it’s not due to cache, but object filtering does not work as expected, neither there is any error in the console, object simply return empty array.

Similarly sorting based on custom date attribute does not work, it does display data but not sorted, seems like sorting was ignored completely.

I have experienced this issue on multiple sites, temporarily we copy data from express object to json file and display from there, at least we have control on data and manipulate however we want.

Here is our environment information:

Concrete Version: V8.5.9
PHP: 7.3.33-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
MYSQL: 5.7.12

Server Software

Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) mod_fcgid/2.3.9 OpenSSL/1.1.1

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi There, most of us have been out on holiday. We will have someone follow up

@mjamil4it can you provide more details on how to reproduce this issue? I tried with a fresh install of 8.5.9 and a simple object with an option list attribute and a handful of entries. When I set up the block to display the filtered data, it always seemed to do it correctly.