File uploading / User permissions

I am trying to allow my users to have access to their own files and prevent them from viewing other users and website images.

I have followed various tutorials to set up the File Managers Permissions correctly and also allow certain users to be part of a group that are given access to the dashboard and file manager, etc.

I get an error when the ‘restricted’ user is logged in and trying the access the file manager, the following error occurs:

The given alias ‘f’ is not unique in FROM and JOIN clause table. The currently registered aliases are: n, nt, tf, fv, f.

Any clues as how to fix this? My package I’m building depends on that functionality

Hi @omars786 - if you are able to spin up a demo and recreate this on a vanilla installation it might be a core issue. You might try that, and then if you can recreate it, list the steps you took to get it in that state and submit an issue here:

You might also post your specific permissions configuration steps in case anyone on the forum has some ideas about how to deal with this issue.

you might be building a query in your package using a table alias ‘f’. If yes, try changing it to something else less generic so that it doesn’t conflict with aliases already in use.

For instance if you have somethig like

$something->createQueryBuilder('f')

replace the ‘f’ with something else, ‘file’ for instance