Form Accessibility

How to make a form more accessible? I would like to use autocomplete like autocomplete=“email”. Can u use this in the express Form?

I also thought about using a custom form like this github example. But is see echo $form->textarea , can I add the autocomplete there?

What is the best way?

Hello,
Express is excruciatingly complicated to customize.

Concerning that other possibility you pointed at, to do what you want you’d do this (using an example from that GitHub piece of code):

<?php echo $form->textarea('p_message','',['style' => 'display:block;','col' => '50', 'rows' => '10', 'autocomplete' => 'email'])?>

Notice how I added the autocomplete part to the last array. That array is used to add specific attributes and their value to the field.

I have to point out that you now have added an autocomplete="email" to a Text Area fields so likely meant to contain the message and not an email.

The email input is

<?php echo $form->email('p_email')?>

Having said so, that email field is recognized as an email field by all browsers and screen readers so I am not sure what adding autocomplete="email" to it would do in terms of accessibility.

Thank you for clearing things up for me!

Having said so, that email field is recognized as an email field by all browsers and screen readers so I am not sure what adding autocomplete="email" to it would do in terms of accessibility.

Didn’t know that. So i’m not going to add ‘autocomple’ to the email input.