Getting error when trying to install add on from marketplace

Hi, I’m unable to download simple gallery from the marketplace. I’m getting

" Whoops \ Exception \ ErrorException (E_WARNING)

fopen(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0"

I’m using version 9.1.3 of concrete and php version 7.4.33.

Any ideas on how to fix?
Thank you.

I’m sure someone with better technical knowledge will weigh in but in the meantime… I feel like I have come across this during installation on my server and I believe it has something to do with open_basedir. By default my server sets a value for this but if I set it to ‘none’ the install continues without a hitch. I could be way off though :slight_smile:

The error message indicates that in your server configuration you should have

allow_url_fopen=1

If you’re using cPanel you can probably set that up directly from there using the PHP configuration tool.

Otherwise you might have a php.ini file on your server where you can add that directive.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the help. I tried both suggestions and couldn’t get either to work. I ended up contacting support from my web host and they said they needed to do something on their end to make it work. I looked at all the obvious places like my php.ini file and such and didn’t see any changes that they made, so who knows.

Thank you again as it led me to get it resolved.

1 Like

Nice, glad to hear you were able to get it resolved. You might ask them what they did to resolve it and paste whatever they say back here just so the resolution is clear. Thanks!

1 Like

That was a great idea. Here’s what they said:

“We have enabled the feature from our end from MultiPHP INI Editor, but please note that the changes we have made are server wide. Since, you are using a shared server we can’t guarantee that the feature will be always enabled. In future , if any issues are caused we may have to disable the same from our end. If you wish to enable the feature always you will have to purchase a VPS server. With VPS hosting, you get dedicated server space with a reserved amount of resources, offering greater control and customization than shared hosting.”

Hope this is helpful for others.

1 Like

Thank you @kcmelink! I awarded you the silver star badge for helping out, appreciate the follow up! :+1:

This is going to sound stupid but I never even considered that “shared” hosting meant you also shared PHP configuration…

That’s scary…