Growing pains...? Navigating the ConcreteCMS site

Just a mini-rant. I know there are larger fish to fry, but navigating the ConcreteCMS site isn’t as easy as using Concrete5 used to be…

Why does ConcreteCMS think I am a new user? My original post had multiple links, and when I tried to post it, I got the message,

Sorry, new users can only put 2 links in a post.

I have been a member of the Concrete community for 10 years.

Trying to use the Concrete User’s Guide.

I click on:
Creating and Managing File Attributes in the User Guide

And get…

https://documentation.concretecms.org/editors/dashboard/files/attributes
403 Error

You are not allowed to access this page.

Oops. Eyes only, I guess.

…and furthermore…

Now that I can finally access my project pages, when I try to add an item to a project, I get what appears to be a random list of all my themes and add-ons—from the first one I added ten years ago. They at least used to be alphabetized, but now they are listed randomly. (well, they may not be random, but I can’t crack the code as to how they are organized…) Could we not have a way to filter out the legacy themes and add-ons, so they don’t make finding the right one such an adventure. (Admittedly, I was a heavy buyer of the old weekly deals, so I have a lot of defunct licenses.) Hey, if anyone is interested in some Vintage Concrete5 Themes and Add-Ons, just let me know! Working with ConcreteCMS is still great. But whenever I have to access my Concrete5 account or find something on this site, I break out in hives… Hope everyone has a great weekend!

@DBKG I moved this to the Site Feedback topic since this is about the
new community site rather than Concrete CMS.

To address your questions:

• Why does ConcreteCMS think I am a new user?

• that’s because the forums are no longer based on Concrete; they
      run on Discourse. So everyone’s reputation was sort of reset when
      it comes to the spam filters. The link limit will increase as you
      post more.
  • Trying to use the Concrete User’s Guide.

• Now that I can finally access my project pages, when I try to add an
    item to a project, I get what appears to be a random list of all my
    themes and add-ons—from the first one I added ten years ago

• good suggestion. We had to make some changes to the way the
      licenses were checked to improve performance on the project pages,
      and the ordering was probably overlooked. I’ll put in a ticket
      with your suggestions.

@Myq In regards to the addon list… When can we expect to start seeing the old 5.6 addons being removed from this list, yet still accessible as necessary for any live legacy projects of course?

Would be nice not needing to filter through all those 5.6 addons KNOWING none of them will work on an 8.5.5+ project etc. Maybe once the project is locked down to the installed version, filter out legacy addons by default? Would also be a nice feature if we could delete licenses, one at a time if we have multiple as necessary. At least for anything still in the 5.6 marketplace or listed for free. I’d be happy to flush a TON of unused nonsense, as I’m sure many others would as well :smile:

I don’t have a good answer for you, but being able to filter or otherwise distinguish is reasonable. I’ll add that to the ticket.

I’m not sure we can just take them out of the list because people are still using legacy versions.