Having transfer issues

I am in the process of switching hosting companies. After being with justhost since 2012 they were trying to tell me that they would only give me a newer version of mysql if i upgraded to a dedicated server… mind you they are running mysql 5.2 which even oracle has stopped support for. that was enough for me to gladly part ways with them. Sadly though i am running into some issues. the new host is hostinger and they run mariadb. From what i read everything is compatible. Is there settings i should change in back end prior to transfer? I tried to transfer and got a 500 error, so i enabled debugging and this is what i get.

Fatal error : Uncaught PDOException: could not find driver in /home/u156408829/domains/resolutionballcom.skipdns.link/public_html/updates/concrete-cms-9.2.2-remote-updater/concrete/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:40 Stack trace: #0 /home/u156408829/domains/resolutionballcom.skipdns.link/public_html/updates/concrete-cms-9.2.2-remote-updater/concrete/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(40): PDO->__construct(‘mysql:host=loca…’, ‘u156408829_rbco…’, ‘Connect12345$’, Array) #1 /home/u156408829/domains/resolutionballcom.skipdns.link/public_html/updates/concrete-cms-9.2.2-remote-updater/concrete/src/Database/Connection/PDOConnection.php(22): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->__construct(‘mysql:host=loca…’, ‘u156408829_rbco…’, ‘Connect12345$’, Array) #2 /home/u156408829/domains/resolutionballcom.skipdns.link/public_html/updates/concrete-cms-9.2.2-remote-updater/concrete/src/Database/Driver/PDOMySqlConcrete/Driver.php(18): Concrete\Core\Database\Connection\PDOConnection->__construct(‘mysql:host=loca…’, 'u1564 in /home/u156408829/domains/resolutionballcom.skipdns.link/public_html/updates/concrete-cms-9.2.2-remote-updater/concrete/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDO/Exception.php on line 18

I think this one is caused by the pdo_mysql extension not being enabled for PHP.

That’s something you’d enable within the PHP section of cPanel.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. That is something that was enabled yesterday and still got the error. What I found was that they were simply using the wrong php version. The hosting company offers to migrate the websites themselves for you, so I figured I would save myself the work and let them. Got an email saying they were unable to, so I deleted what they uploaded and loaded my own backup which also did not work. So I enabled debugging which is how I got the error message. I didn’t do the initial settings of the setup, so this morning after reading your suggestion and knowing it was already done, I figured I would go through everything from the beginning and it seemed clear as day when I saw what php version they had it set to. I guess checking php version can be a solution if this issue ever comes up for someone else in the future. Thank you for your help.

In my experience, letting the hosting company do anything never saves work. LOL