Installation issue composer

Hi guys,

I’m having a problem installing Concrete CMS with Composer and after trying a few times I’d like to ask for your help. I have done the following steps:

1. composer create-project -n concretecms/composer concrete5-dev
  2. cd concrete5-dev/
  3. composer config --no-plugins allow-plugins.composer/installers true
  4. composer install

So far - so good.
I can then call up the website with the installation process. If I enter my data (including database access), the installation process is started and tables are created.

But after a while the installation is aborted with the following error message:

{
  "error": {
    "type": "Whoops\\Exception\\ErrorException",
    "message": "Declaration of Concrete\\Core\\Messenger\\Transport\\Sender\\SenderLocator::get($id) must be compatible with Symfony\\Contracts\\Service\\ServiceProviderInterface::get(string $id): mixed",
    "code": 64,
    "file": "/var/www/html/concrete5-dev/public/concrete/src/Messenger/Transport/Sender/SenderLocator.php",
    "line": 17,
    "trace": [
      {
        "file": "/var/www/html/concrete5-dev/public/concrete/src/Messenger/Transport/Sender/SenderLocator.php",
        "line": 17,
        "function": null,
        "class": "Whoops\\Exception\\ErrorException",
        "args": [
          "Declaration of Concrete\\Core\\Messenger\\Transport\\Sender\\SenderLocator::get($id) must be compatible with Symfony\\Contracts\\Service\\ServiceProviderInterface::get(string $id): mixed"
        ]
      },
      {
        "file": "/var/www/html/concrete5-dev/vendor/filp/whoops/src/Whoops/Run.php",
        "line": 510,
        "function": "handleError",
        "class": "Whoops\\Run",
        "args": []
      },
      {
        "file": "[internal]",
        "line": 0,
        "function": "handleShutdown",
        "class": "Whoops\\Run",
        "args": []
      }
    ]
  },
  "errors": [
    "Declaration of Concrete\\Core\\Messenger\\Transport\\Sender\\SenderLocator::get($id) must be compatible with Symfony\\Contracts\\Service\\ServiceProviderInterface::get(string $id): mixed"
  ]
}

It looks to me as if there is a version mix.
Could someone give me a tip on how to find out and how to resolve this mix?

Best!

Add to composer.json this line:

2 Likes

Thank you @Parasek!
Thank you very much. I really would like to buy you a beer! :beers:

Thanks and greetings!