Installation's Internationalization Support check

I’m installing v9.2.0 onto a fresh (local) Ubuntu 22.04 box for my dev environment, and setup is showing red on the “Internationalization Support”. The help bubble tells me to activate ctype, iconv, and multibyte string (mbstring) in PHP, but a quick check of PHP shows all are enabled. What am I missing??

x:/var/www$ php -m
[PHP Modules]
calendar
Core
**ctype**
date
dom
exif
FFI
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
hash
**iconv**
intl
json
libxml
**mbstring**
mysqli
mysqlnd
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
Phar
posix
random
readline
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
soap
sockets
sodium
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
xml
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
xsl
Zend OPcache
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend OPcache

TIA!

I’d try creating an phpinfo() file, just to see what PHP is loading in the context of your webserver.

PHP on the command line could be a different linked PHP version, and can load different configurations (and therefore different modules)

For your phpinfo, if you have a site up and running without internationalization, you can install Ele-PHP-ant Info (free) which provides a dashboard page for phpinfo and more.

As an aside, one of my sites is hosted by Ionos (previously 1&1). The default php version for the web server is 8.1. They charge extra for running php7.4 “because it is an older version”. Yet their CLI runs php7.1 and has only recently been updated from php4. (Money grabbing hypocrisy).

This add-on looks great! unfortunately it’s the cart before the horse… as, without the internationalization requirement fulfilled, you can’t even finish the installation of Concrete5 to be able to get to the dashboard and pull up Ele-PHP-ant information.

Have you tried a phpinfo file at the root of your site, to confirm that your webserver is in fact loading the modules?