Legacy Version Upgrade OR Content Capture

Looking for a developer to either

• upgrade a site from a backup of an older version of Concrete 5 to the most recent and re-install on a GoDaddy hosting server, OR
  • Pull all the content from the database
    Whichever is more cost-effective.

Background:
In 2012 a developer created a site for my client. Last month, the client’s IT consultant was migrating their hosting service to go daddy and the site went down. I was told that the reason was the old version of Concrete 5 will not run with the current versions of PHP.

I do not know the version of the files I have but it is a complete backup of the site before it was migrated.

The client’s site is now an interim page so it’s rather urgent.
Thank you in advance. Patrick

Hi Patrick,

We still have a lot of older Concrete sites on our own servers. We run Cloud Linux with hardened PHP so they take care of any PHP security patching on older versions. We can arrange hosting for you to get your site back up quickly while you look at other options regarding upgrading your site to a newer version which we could also help you with. If this would be of help I can put you in touch with one of our client managers and go through your options.

Hello Patrick,

I would gladly assist you.
Please get connected to discuss further.

Regards
Linnea
E- linneajones.mil@gmail.com

In 2012 the version of concrete would have been 5.6, so an easy way to get this working on go-daddy would be to upgrade to 5.6.4.0, this will work on php 7.4.
You will have to upgrade to 5.6.4.0 anyway in order to use the legacy content migrations tools.
I can help you with this if you require assistance to do this.

If the site dates from 2012, it is probably a 5.5/5.6 branch of concrete5. If that is the case, the quickest repair process would be to get the old site running again, either on the original server or on a development system, upgrade to 5.6.3.5 then 5.6.4.0 latest from github. 5.6.4.0 is compatible with php 7.4.0 and should run on your new host.

A likely complication is a site that old with relatively little maintenance will have accumulated a lot of garbage in the background, so you should take the opportunity to clear out all old page versions, files, unused addons, lapsed users etc.

[oops, overlapping post, as what @ConcreteOwl said]

• upgrade a site from a backup of an older version of Concrete 5 to the most recent and re-install on a GoDaddy hosting server, OR
  • Pull all the content from the database
    Whichever is more cost-effective.

I am interested assisting on project posted.
Please connect further to discuss
eMail - deepvyas71@gmail.com

Regards
Deep

Hello ConcreteOwl, Thank you for your help. Are you interested in submitting a proposal?
How do I contact you directly?

@JohntheFish Thank you for your help. Are you interested in submitting a proposal?
How do I contact you directly?

Thank you all for your quick responses. I have sent messages to inquire if you are interested and where I had emails, submitted a scope of work to estimate.
Thank you.

This is the kind of project I would normally do, but not this time. I am rather busy with other projects at the moment.

Hi @1Patrick I have already sent you a private message, if you respond to that message I will give you my personal contact details.