Missing "publish page" and "discard draft" permissions

Hello!

I created a new Group called “Editors” that should be able to create pages of a determined page type and publish them. I edited the permissions of the page type, called “News Article”, but the editors are still not able to publish a page of this type they created, they can only save it as draft.

Please, find attached the configuration I assigned to the page type.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
mathspato

Notice the “Add Subpage” Setting there. You’ll want to set that up on the parent page where the newly created pages will reside, allowing certain users to post pages of certain types below it.

Yes, I checked the parent page, which is “News Index”, and there the Add-Subpage permission was already assigned to the “Editors” group. However, the “publish page” and “discard draft” buttons are still missing.

were you sure to check the page types the “editors” are able to publish in that dialogue under the details tab?

Hi enlil,

thanks for your reply. So, I checked under page type → Permissions and also verified in the basic Details of the “News Index” page type (the parent page of the “News Articles” page, so that the parent-child relationship is properly configured (also attached in screenshot). Is that what you mean?

Kind regards,
mathspato

Check the parent page of where these pages will be published. Check the permissions on THAT page, “add sub page” specifically and make sure that user group has permission to post that page type below the parent page, via the details tab!

Hi enlil,

yes, also checked that: the home page is the parent page of “News Index” and the user group “Editors” has also the “add sub page” permission.

What I also observed is that the “Editors” are able to publish the changes of a page type “News Article” when the page already exists, but they are not able to “publish page” when it’s a new page.

Kind regards,
mathspato