Multilingual "global area" issue with latest version 9

Using the latest 2 versions of ConcreteCMS, I see issues with global areas. They work perfectly fine for all the languages I set them up for. But as soon as I log out (or view incognito), I don’t see any content at all. Caching is off and can’t seem to find out what’s wrong… Can anyone help me out here?

Your post got me worried, having last week updated a multilingual site to 9.2.4. So I rushed off and checked. Multilingual global areas are working OK logged out/incognito for me.

I did a full re-install on 9.2.3 and 9.2.4 and same issues here. Perhaps it’s only with new installs (not talking about existing installs now).

The site I checked began at 8.5.5, then 8.5.12, 9.1.3, 9.2.4.

I think it may have to do that I setup multilingual, added languages, and remove the first language to be able to have a /en as homepage (instead of /). Did a new install and had multilingual and everything worked, then removed that language once again and it stopped working for non-logged in users. So apparently, there is a thing only when you’re not logged in :smiley:

So apparently once you remove the main language, which has the “/” page (homepage), then everything is broken :slight_smile:

That means on my new install, I won’t remove this page. But what’s the best way to make the default language (English) have the “/en” path (instead of “/”)?

@ramonleenders so generally what you do there is just create kind of a placeholder homepage and make it redirect to the default locale you specify:

What if you use the English language, you make it twice? I’m missing the correct setup here…

yeah I think you just wouldn’t assign a locale to the root.