My Website Is Down

I have a website that uses Concrete5. I only just realized the website is no longer up. I have contacted the domain GoDaddy and I have contacted the host SiteGround and both say it is not them. SiteGround suggested it was was something to do with Concrete5 so I am trying the forums here. Any help at all would be great. Here is the error I receive when I go to the website:

Fatal error : Cannot use ‘Object’ as class name as it is reserved in /home/customer/www/medweightlosssolutions.com/public_html/concrete/libraries/object.php on line 3

I am sending you a message right now thank you for responding

Never mind I can’t seem to figure out how to send a direct message. I have someone helping me and he is currently trying to change the php but he said it is not letting him change it manually. He sent a screenshot that I can attach. How would I go about getting this upgrade? Thank you so much for your help

Thank you I will be reaching out

Basically surf to the file in the link you posted.

It should have a line like this

use Concrete\Blaa\Blaa\Object

(Blaa\Blaa will be something relevent this is just to show)

And add the word Concrete Infront of Object like below.

use Concrete\Blaa\Blaa\ConcreteObject

Once you have done that you might have other files that will show a similar error. Repeat the steps on those pages.

Basically your host has updated php and you can’t have a class called Object in the later versions of PHP so you have to rename the class from Object to ConcreteObject and it will work.

1 Like

Thanks so much for responding. What do you mean by surf the file?

I mean go and edit the file /home/customer/www/medweightlosssolutions.com/public_html/concrete/libraries/object.php

I’m sorry I do not know how to do that. I did not build the website and I don’t know much about any of that stuff. I joined this forum because my host provider suggested it might have something to do with Concrete.

I do not see it. I know it says I have had this account for awhile but I just started using it yesterday. I don’t see any notifications for anything.

Hi.
I think I have the same issue as the OP - I’m on Siteground and my website that I originally built a few years ago was using php5.6 which is no longer supported.

I hadn’t seen the error log before reading your suggestion but when searching through the files what you said seemed to make sense, so I altered as per your suggestion. My site was still down so I did a bit more searching on Siteground and found the error log.

This is the error that was logged before I tried your suggestion above to add Concrete before object.php

[apache][core:error] [pid 70724] [client 36.71.161.184:38840] AH00037: Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible: /home/u965-qdnginlbh3nb/www/naturalhealingsolutions.co.uk/public_html/forum, referer: https://naturalhealingsolutions.co.uk/forum/index.php

after adding the word Concrete before object I get the following error code

[nginx][error] 93584#0: *31256551 openat() “/home/u965-qdnginlbh3nb/www/naturalhealingsolutions.co.uk/public_html/.well-known/traffic-advice” failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 66.249.93.161, server: naturalhealingsolutions.co.uk, request: “GET /.well-known/traffic-advice HTTP/1.1”, host: “www.naturalhealingsolutions.co.uk

The error has changed so I presume I’m making progress?! If you have any suggestions I’m happy to try… TIA

Roger

If you want someone to fix this for you, contact me via a private message.
Regards
David aka ConcreteOwl

Thanks. I’m hoping someone will be able to post a fix that I can do myself, but if not then I may well be in touch.
Thanks
Roger

Okay, If you do decide to get me to fix it for you I will need server access to get copies of the files and database, these will be installed on my dev server for repairs and upgrades.

1 Like

I have sent you an email explaining that ftp access to your files is not going to work.
I need to export the database as well and the quickest (cheapest for you) and most efficient way is via the server control panel.
If you want me to help you, don’t tie my hands behind my back!