MySQL 8 - Reserved Keywords - Groups

I received notice from my web host that there will be issues with concrete database when my host upgrades to MySQL 8. Their upgrade notice follows:

We are excited to inform you that we will upgrade your server to MySQL 8 in November, ensuring compatibility with upcoming cPanel and Operating System upgrades.
We recommend reviewing your applications and scripts for compatibility to ensure a seamless transition. We will configure MySQL to help prevent common compatibility issues after upgrading, but you should view these settings as temporary.

It appears that “Groups” is now a reserved keyword. My host has called out several installs that will have problems. Host says all below will throw errors due to: Groups - Table name

I am not sure what to do. I tried finding information about this but did not have success. Hope someone can help me with this!

Server info - 4 websites:

Site 1:
Core Version - 9.2.0
Version Installed - 9.2.0
Database Version - 20230308163514
# Database Information
Version: 5.7.43
# Concrete Packages
Simple Gallery (2.1.0)
# PHP Version 7.4.33

Site 2: 
# Concrete Version
Core Version - 9.1.2
Version Installed - 9.1.2
Database Version - 20220908074900
# Database Information
Version: 5.7.43
# Concrete Packages
Simple Gallery (2.1.0)
# PHP Version 8.1.23

Site 3: 
# concrete5 Version - 5.6.4.0
# concrete5 Packages - None
# PHP Version - 7.4.33

Site 4:
# concrete5 Version - 5.6.4.0
# concrete5 Packages
CrimsonRed Menus (1.4), Whale Nivo Image Slider (1.2).
# PHP Version - 7.4.33

In that list Site 1 & 2 should not have any problems.

Site 3 & 4 will also be fine as long as you have the latest code from GitHub - concretecms/concrete5-legacy: Legacy repository for concrete5 (not the release, but the actual code inside web/concrete should be in your concrete directory on your server)

Thank you!
This did the trick to keep the old 5.6.4.0 websites online.

In case this helps other users…

My hosting company found a solution for the compatibility issue between Concrete 5.6 and MySQL8. I explained the full solution in this forum post - Concrete 5.6 and MySQL8 [solved]