Need Urgent Help: Error on Vendor Sundra has taken my website down

All of a sudden my website is throwing a C5 error and the whole thing is down.

Please help. This is far beyond my techincal knowledge. I don’t know what to do.

I am running C5 version 8.3.2
PHP version 7.4
Web hosting is on Bluehost

If you go to my website, you will see the error displayed prominently!
https://www.lyndaschlosberg.com

I don’t know if this is the problem or not but Bluehost has a nasty habit of changing the default version of PHP without telling people which leads to instant crashes like yours. Are you sure your still on PHP 7.4? I’d check with them to see if they have bumped your PHP version up and if they did, how to set it back.

Thanks Michael, I hate Bluehost and want to change hosts but life has been too busy! I’m honestly not sure if they updated the php or not, that was just what I saw in my dashboard, but it’s a good thing to check into. I’ll see what I can find out. Thanks.

I found this in my error logs. Does this help any?

[14-Feb-2024 09:42:23 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant “Patchwork\Utf8\MB_OVERLOAD_STRING” in /home1/brandio1/public_html/lyndaschlosberg/updates/concrete5-8.3.2/concrete/vendor/patchwork/utf8/src/Patchwork/Utf8/Bootup.php:45
Stack trace:
#0 /home1/brandio1/public_html/lyndaschlosberg/updates/concrete5-8.3.2/concrete/vendor/patchwork/utf8/src/Patchwork/Utf8/Bootup.php(26): Patchwork\Utf8\Bootup::initMbstring()
#1 /home1/brandio1/public_html/lyndaschlosberg/updates/concrete5-8.3.2/concrete/bootstrap/start.php(19): Patchwork\Utf8\Bootup::initAll()
#2 /home1/brandio1/public_html/lyndaschlosberg/updates/concrete5-8.3.2/concrete/dispatcher.php(28): require(‘/home1/brandio1…’)
#3 /home1/brandio1/public_html/lyndaschlosberg/concrete/bootstrap/configure.php(52): require(‘/home1/brandio1…’)
#4 /home1/brandio1/public_html/lyndaschlosberg/concrete/dispatcher.php(18): require(‘/home1/brandio1…’)
#5 /home1/brandio1/public_html/lyndaschlosberg/index.php(2): require(‘/home1/brandio1…’)
#6 {main}
thrown in /home1/brandio1/public_html/lyndaschlosberg/updates/concrete5-8.3.2/concrete/vendor/patchwork/utf8/src/Patchwork/Utf8/Bootup.php on line 45
[14-Feb-2024 09:42:24 America/Boise] PHP Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /home1/brandio1/public_html/lyndaschlosberg/updates/concrete5-8.3.2/concrete/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php on line 2636

Here’s an identical issue in the old forums from Nov/2020 where the solution was to force an upgrade of concrete but you need to have FTP access and knowledge of your server.

Hi Michael,

I took the morning to make sure my website was completely backed up.
Went onto Bluehost and rolled my php back from 7.4 to 7.3, and presto, the problem is gone! No need to force an update to my concrete. They must have bumped it up to 7.4 without my knowledge.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to respond to my request for help. I sincerely appreciate it!

I rolled it back to php 7.2 and the rest of the site is now functional.

All looking fine to me.

FYI, PHP 7.x is already End-of-Life. You will be hard pressed in the future to find hosts still running it.

I’d get a full site and database backup and move from Bluehost as soon as you can.

Disclaimer: I’ve used and had clients on Bluehost for years, but they’re not the company they used to be.

Contact me if you’d like some help/suggestions migrating to a better provider :wink:

Try these both still offer php7 and even php5.6. both very solid hosts.

Brixly

Or

A2 hosting