Old Plugin uninstall or remove

I installed the plugin ‘Simple Backup’ a few years ago. Today I’m working with concrete 9.1.1 and this plugin doesn’t work. I want uninstall this, but there is no uninstall button. And this plugin is gone from the marketplace.

How can I remove it? Thanks for any help.

Hi @dublaski

There’s no uninstall button in the dashboard? You’re clicking the “Details” button next to the extension and going into that view?

You can disable the addon through the database if worse comes to worse, but probably want to exhaust other possibilities before doing that.

Thanks for your answer.
There’s no uninstall button in the dashboard. And when I#m clicking the ‘Details’ it crashed always. Error: 1. “Call to a member function getJobName() on null”. It’s the application ’ Simple Backup v.2.1.1’.
Any idea? More help would be appreciated.

Hmm yeah I think that uninstalling it through the database might be your best bet if it’s erroring out when you try to go to the details page to uninstall it.

If you need a technical hand with that, I would recommend connecting with one of the developers from our community, I’m sure they could help you out:

When faced with situations like this I often hack the package controller code to remove all public methods after the name and description methods, sometimes all in one go or sometimes in stages, removing one public method at a time.

Much of the uninstall is provided by the core and doesn’t actually run any code within the package outside of an optional uninstall method. Complex packages often have on_start (or other on_ABC) methods that start doing all sorts of things inside the package and that is often where uninstall breaks.

This hack won’t work for every broken package, so you may still need to edit the database as @EvanCooper suggested. Directly editing the database is the ultimate recourse.