Parent directory changed name/location - siblings are no longer working

Hi

If anyone could lend a moment it would be much appreciated!

Woke up this morning to a problem on one of our clients installations. Basically in a package we have a directory called /user and its a parent directory to many other pages. For some reason it has had its name changed to: /user-home - I have no idea why and the client said they were not fiddling with anything. So all the sibling pages are 404’ing.

It won’t allow me to change the location back to /user from the sitemap (greyed out) and so it seems the best thing for me to do is edit the db table pagePaths and correct it manually? The package is big so editting the code to change all the references to the new path is not an option.

Any better way to do this?

Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

Well we couldn’t wait so I did the change in the table mentioned above and it worked fine.

I’m interested to know if there would be a better way to do this if it happens again.

:slight_smile:

Hi @omars786,

That definitely sounds strange - is this a single page then? So you have a package that installs at a certain path? Is that path /dashboard/user? Just trying to get a sense of the actual path structure to help troubleshoot.

From the sound of it, it definitely sounds like the sitemap thinks the page is the home page, and the name seems to be appended with “-home” so it definitely seems like it somehow got treated as the home page, but I’d need to know more about how the package works and installs single pages to get a better idea of what might have happened.