Private Messages Errors

I am having problems with some (but not all) Private Messages - it doesn’t make sense because it is not really consistent. As Super Admin when I check my InBox I see at least one message reply from a user that shows it worked fine. However, my Sent Box shows the number “100” sent but when I click on that to view them I get a black error screen. Then I log in as an assigned Admin and the Sent Messages are truncated and showing up fine on the first page- until I click on the next page (2) then black screen pops up again. click on (3) and truncated messages are there, click on (4) and onward and the black error screen pops back up again- so not able to retrieve messages except on page 1 and 3 (as an assigned Admin). As Super Admin- not able to retrieve and sent messages.

Can you post what the error message is? That might help to troubleshoot.

I have a pdf of the screenshots but not able to upload it that way. This is a screen shot of the black screen that pops up when I try to access a private message. There is a lot of other information on the page (not in black) but would take several screen shots to attach. I also just upgraded to 9.1.3 but the trouble is still the same

Hmm - did you delete a user maybe? It looks like it’s erroring on getUserPublicProfileURL() on null, which would mean it’s trying to get information about a user that doesn’t exist.