Replacement for old AddOn "Automatic Email Obfuscator"?

Hi,

until I updated from concrete5 from 8.5.2 to 9.1.2 I used the AddOn “Automatic Email Obfuscator”. With the update to 8.5.9 this AddOn I have to deinstall, cause it is not compatible with the new versions. Is there an alternative to that AddOn? I searched the marketplace, but cant find any.

Has anybody a hint for me?
Thanks

1 Like

Is this broken in 8.5.9 or 9.1.2 and what happens if you have it installed? Perhaps somebody here can help you fix it to continue use if you provide more information.

I think you can make it work easily. In the file packages\automatic_email_obfuscator\src\EmailObfuscationHelper.php, line 6 you have

use Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\Event;

Replace that with

use Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\GenericEvent as Event;

And you should be good to go.

2 Likes

It would be great if this could work with PHP8 but sadly it appears not to.

I have this package working with PHP 8.1.11 and Concrete 9.1.2.

https://jero.co.nz/automatic_email_obfuscator.zip

3 Likes

Pretty awesome. What if the original developer doesn’t want to maintain the plug-in for whatever reason - how can a Great update like this get posted in add one so all can more easily take advantage of it and of course the right folks can get credit for their work?

The code is on Github at GitHub - mainio/c5_automatic_email_obfuscator: Obfuscates emails automatically in the page source. with an MIT license.

That means anyone is free to post updates on GitHub or even to submit an update to the marketplace as a new addon. If anyone decides to do so:

• The addon will be evaluated for and be expected to follow current good practice, not what was good practice 7 years ago
  • Make sure you credit the source.
  • The original is MIT licensed, so it a new derivative can be free or paid
1 Like

A forked, updated version for PHP 8.1 and Concrete 9.1.2 is on Github

https://github.com/JeRoNZ/c5_automatic_email_obfuscator

2 Likes

Oooh, many thanks for your replys and help :slight_smile: