SEO Question

I finished my first site done with concrete cms, much enjoyed using it and will be using it more often. That being said, I made the site live, submitted sitemap to google/bing etc. Got everything connected and running through Google Analytics and Search Console, but for some reason, even when searching for the site by address it does not show up in Google. It is showing up in Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, or any other search engine I tested, but no results in Google. I am wondering if, since I am new to concrete, did I miss something upon publishing that could fix this?

1 Like

What’s the address of the site?

resolutionball dot com
I couldn’t put it with the post, it was being flagged for spam,. so hopefully it works now.

Looking at this might help, looks like:

Analytics

None of this website is using any recognised analytics software. It is still possible to gather a great deal of information from webserver logs, however complete visitor analysis requires client-side Javascript or an image not found here

Meta tags

All pages include at least some metadata, but only 40.0% of pages have a description meta tag. The description meta data is important as it appears on Google’s search result pages

Page titles

Although this are all present you need to make the more detailed. These are the Concrete defaults:

“Welcome to The Resolution Ball” could be “Resolution Ball New Year Eve Grand Celebration Party, now nationwide”

Hope this all helps

1 Like

This is great info, and I havn’t completed the SEO 100% it could be better. I had to get this site up in a rush as we are hosting events in new cities and needed this for marketing. SO I had to get this up in a short time and just wanted it up before getting into the fine details.

The problem though is that it doesn’t come up when searching the URL in google. I wasn’t talking about regular search terms that would pull it up. It doesn’t come up in google even searching the domain. It is the first result in every other search engine (when searching by domain name).

Also, it is connected to Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, and Yandex, and data is flowing into all of them… So I am not sure why it says no analytics is connected. I will have to look into that.

Thank you for your help/time looking into this.

Everything looks fine as far as SEO, I checked the robots, and the meta data. When I run your URL through SEMRush it looks like there’s an old title tag showing, but it says it’s indexed!

When we changed from concrete5.org to concretecms.com, I used the Google inspection tool to submit our main pages manually for priority indexing. Try that since it’s a brand new URL.

1 Like

Food for thought… Google returns zero results for a quoted search of:
“Welcome to the Resolution Ball New Year Eve Grand Celebration”
Strange if it’s really indexed :expressionless:

1 Like

I think you didn’t configure the canonical URLs.
I’d go to the Dashboard :arrow_right: System & Settings :arrow_right: SEO & Statistics :arrow_right: URLs and Redirection, and enter the https://www… URL of the website (please remark HTTPS, not HTTP), and I’d check the option “Only render at canonical URLs”.

That way search engines will only see the secure (https) version of the website (https is ranked better than http).

1 Like

I just want to say that you guys are all awesome for trying to help me through this. Great community, I am glad I found concrete and decided to try it out. Thank you guys.

I did a combination of both jessicadunbar & mlocati suggestions, and things seem to be moving forward. I finally got a green check that the page can be indexed. Now it is just a waiting game for the spider to come crawling.

That being said, for a page not indexed, that I just made live about a week ago, done no marketing for. the stats in analytics aren’t too bad. Now if I can just get them to buy the tickets… lol. I guess that’s up to my boss and the marketing team. I have done my part.

2 Likes