Slow Loading of CMS pages for editoring

I have updated a V8 to V9 - Site - running the latest version and i have it all working, but the editor mode is very slow. the loading bar across the top takes ages to open and close. And publishing minor changes takes a good couple mins to publish … This is dramatically longer than before. I have noticed V9 seemed to be getting slower?

Is there any way to see what’s slowing it down? Maybe i need more server, Memory?

Anyone else noticed the slow opening and closing of the edit mode?

Carl

Hi @carl101lee,

That doesn’t sound like expected performance - you might start by posting your server specs here so we can get a sense of it it’s underpowered.

You might also look at clearing caches just to make sure everything’s clear.

Good Day all

Still having the slow issues, I cant see any errors on the consol when in editor mode,

Here is my enviorment info below, the server is Well overpowered , has 50Gb Ram and 20 Cores - and runs 20+ Sites no issues , It ran v8 no problem its only V9 its struggling with, I have just got latest PHP 8.2 ready to swtich the sites too(not tried yet) , see if that helps. I have just had the SQL updated to see if that will help the issue, but seems to have made no differance.

Database Information

Version: 10.5.18-MariaDB
SQL Mode: STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

concrete5 Cache Settings

Block Cache - Off
Overrides Cache - Off
Full Page Caching - Off
Full Page Cache Lifetime - Every 6 hours (default setting).

Server Software

Apache

Server API

cgi-fcgi

PHP Version

PHP Extensions

bcmath, bz2, calendar, cgi-fcgi, Core, ctype, curl, date, dom, exif, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, hash, iconv, intl, json, libxml, mbstring, mcrypt, mysqli, mysqlnd, openssl, pcntl, pcre, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, Phar, posix, readline, Reflection, session, shmop, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, SPL, sqlite3, standard, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, uploadprogress, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, Zend OPcache, zip, zlib

PHP Settings

max_execution_time - 300
log_errors_max_len - 1024
max_file_uploads - 20
max_input_nesting_level - 64
max_input_time - 60
max_input_vars - 3000
memory_limit - 512M
post_max_size - 20M
upload_max_filesize - 20M
mbstring.regex_retry_limit - 1000000
mbstring.regex_stack_limit - 100000
mysqli.max_links - Unlimited
mysqli.max_persistent - Unlimited
pcre.backtrack_limit - 1000000
pcre.recursion_limit - 100000
session.cache_limiter - no value
session.gc_maxlifetime - 7200
soap.wsdl_cache_limit - 5
unserialize_max_depth - 4096
opcache.max_accelerated_files - 10000
opcache.max_file_size - 0
opcache.max_wasted_percentage - 5

Any Ideas? - I have also set-up a new install of V9 and it seems to be running little faster, but its an empty site.

Regards
Carl Lee

Hmm - how big is your database? Wondering if you might want to do some page version pruning and wondering if you might have a PageStatistics table in there that might be slowing things down.

How many pages does the site have?

Have you pressed F12 and checked the network loading waterfall? If you’re unfamiliar with how to do this, first Go to a random page, like Google.com (which page doesn’t matter), then press F12 (assuming you’re using Chrome or a chromium derivative), then make sure you’re on the network tab in the right (it’s a bit challenging to spot at first), then once you’re on the network tab go to the page that’s problematic.

This may turn up which parts are loading slow and may help you in a useful direction of the root cause.