SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column 'cvComments'

Tried to put a fully fleshed out comment in a new page version, and got this error:

SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column ‘cvComments’ at row 1

Really? We have character limits for version comments? I’m going to trim mine down, but I really did not write an unreasonable amount of info in it, especially considering the extent of the overhaul to the page (pretty much total overhaul).

Just letting you know.

The maximum length of page version comments is 255 characters: IMHO it’s enough to store a short comment (and even not-so-short comments). For example, this message is 188 characters long.

Yeah the amount of changes that happened really warranted more than 255, in my case.

Yeah that seems like a reasonable feature request, beefing that up, if you want to add that here:

1 Like

Done, and done! : Max characters for version comments, 255 characters, too short · Issue #12019 · concretecms/concretecms · GitHub

I’m going to mark your comment as solution for now. Really hoping a fix for this can get back-ported to v8.5+ as upgrading to v9.x on my end has multiple large blockers still :frowning:

Thanks for the help everyone!

1 Like