Supermint 3 theme install fails

Concrete version 8.5.7
Clean install (via softaculous)
Connected to community, and downloaded Supermint.
Went to ‘add functionality’ in my install. Supermint is there, and I clicked ‘install.’
Installation failed with the error below. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mark

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException thrown with message “Cannot use Concrete\Core\Foundation\Object as Object because ‘Object’ is a special class name”

Stacktrace:
#2 Whoops\Exception\ErrorException in /home/ysjdhfpn/public_html/conc85/packages/theme_supermint/src/Models/ThemeSupermintOptions.php:7
#1 Whoops\Run:handleError in /home/ysjdhfpn/public_html/conc85/concrete/vendor/filp/whoops/src/Whoops/Run.php:486
#0 Whoops\Run:handleShutdown in [internal]:0

The issue is to do with the PHP version.

Go to the file and rename “Object” to say “ConcreteObject” and all references to it

Hi Tim,

Thank you for clearing that up. I should have noticed it was only “5.3 approved.”

So is this an ongoing problem? You build out a site on a theme, it’s abandoned, and then you can’t upgrade Concrete/PHP/MySQL, because it might break the theme?

In PHP 7.2 you can’t use “object” as class name where as you could in 7.1 and lower. This theme stopped being support before that so this is why it fails. There aren’t too many broken themes but its not a ConcreteCMS things its a theme developer things and PHP7.2