Table sessions 3gb of log

hi i have in database sessions table 3gb of log , can i clear them?

Yes, logs in the database can be safely cleared.

3gb is a huge amount though, and I’d suggest that you’ve got some warnings or other issues being logged on every page request - it would be worth investigating and addressing such issues.

ok thank you

the datas in the table isn’t in relationwith another table ? clearing only this table datas don’t will crash the database? i’m in investigating about, but i have found a sql file in web folder. i suppose is that .
i want waiting to see what write the log after i ave removed it

enrico

That’s always a good question to ask. In this case no, you can just clear that table.

Remember though there’s a way to do that via the Logs page in the Dashboard, I’d recommend that over any manual database edit. Only edit the database in emergencies only, and after a backup.

An SQL file in the web folder isn’t going to be from Concrete though, it doesn’t ever write files to the file system for the database. Perhaps that’s an older file from when the website was setup/copied?

Hi thank you for your reply ,
form: reports/logs,
i have try to remove all logs, but the table sessions remaining the same

the log reporting: _sf2_attributes|a:3:{s:7:"uGroups";a:1:{i:1;s:1:"1";}s:14:"accessEntities";a:1:{i:0;O:50:"Concrete\Core\Permission\Access\Entity\GroupEntity":6:{s:8:"�*�group";O:30:"Concrete\Core\User\Group\Group":22:{s:4:"ctID";N;s:13:"permissionSet";N;s:43:"�Concrete\Core\User\Group\Group�permissions";a:0:{}s:5:"error";s:0:"";s:3:"gID";s:1:"1";s:5:"gName";s:5:"Guest";s:12:"gDescription";s:62:"The guest group represents unregistered visitors to your site.";s:24:"gUserExpirationIsEnabled";s:1:"0";s:21:"gUserExpirationMethod";N;s:26:"gUserExpirationSetDateTime";N;s:23:"gUserExpirationInterval";s:1:"0";s:21:"gUserExpirationAction";N;s:8:"gIsBadge";s:1:"0";s:9:"gBadgeFID";s:1:"0";s:17:"gBadgeDescription";N;s:25:"gBadgeCommunityPointValue";s:1:"0";s:12:"gIsAutomated";s:1:"0";s:26:"gCheckAutomationOnRegister";s:1:"0";s:23:"gCheckAutomationOnLogin";s:1:"0";s:24:"gCheckAutomationOnJobRun";s:1:"0";s:5:"gPath";s:6:"/Guest";s:5:"pkgID";s:1:"0";}s:5:"error";s:0:"";s:5:"petID";s:1:"1";s:4:"peID";s:1:"2";s:9:"petHandle";s:5:"group";s:5:"label";s:5:"Guest";}}s:21:"accessEntitiesUpdated";i:1521021078;}_sf2_flashes|a:0:{}_sf2_meta|a:3:{s:1:"u";i:1521021078;s:1:"c";i:1521021078;s:1:"l";s:1:"0";}

i don’t know if the website has been moved or rebuilt, in managing the web site in a second step. i know concrete5 doesn’t leave sql file in web directory, i guess it was a previous technical error

Enrico