Turn off subscription auto-renew

How do I turn off auto-renew for subscriptions. I understand that now I get the theme or add-on with one year of updates for $x and that $x by default auto-renews annually. How do I turn off that auto-renew though? If I click “cancel subscription” I get the error:

“This subscription references licenses that are still attached to Concrete sites. Release this license from the Concrete site in order to cancel this subscription.”

Looks like you need too release the license from your project first.

That’s true for SaaS hosted sites, but it shouldn’t be for self hosted

You should be able to buy an extension and set it to not renew in a year. You won’t get any updates or support after a year, but that’s your choice to make

Looks like we’re missing a button for your use case. We will add it shortly and I’ll post back here to let you know

1 Like

@frz any update on this?

@JeffPaetkau I’ve updated your subscription to the Ortho theme to cancel at the end of the current period. So it’ll continue to say its active but it will not auto-renew. The current period ends on Jul 11, 2025, 10:44 AM

@andrew great. Thanks. Is there a way to do that generally or is this going to be an issue every time we launch a site?