Unable to restore/update a 8.5.14 install to 9.2.7 (PHP7.4 to 8.3.3) - unserialization error while

Hi all, I am trying to replicate a Production 8.5.15 install (running on Ubuntu with PHP 7.4) on a new Test Ubuntu VM with Concrete5 9.2.7 on PHP 8.3.3.

I moved the application, and packages folders, restored the SQL database - keeping the same charset/collation (utf8mb4 and utf8mb4_unicode_ci). I then ran

chmod a+x concrete/bin/concrete5
concrete/bin/concrete5 c5:database:charset:set utf8mb4
concrete/bin/concrete5 c5:update

It succeeds to a point where this error is thrown-

Updating database tables found in doctrine xml...
** Executing migration: 20170313000000
** Executing migration: 20170316000000
Refreshing schema for Concrete\Core\Entity\Express\Entity...

In ConversionException.php line 117:

Could not convert database value to 'object' as an error was triggered by the unserialization: 'Creatio  
  n of dynamic property Concrete\Core\Search\Column\Column::$defaultSortDirection is deprecated'

I tried accessing the frontend - and the error is the same.

Could not convert database value to 'object' as an error was triggered by the unserialization: 'Creation of dynamic property Concrete\Core\Search\Column\Column::$defaultSortDirection is deprecated'

Is there a critical step I am missing? Can anyone shed some light on how I can fix this issue? TIA!

Good morning, I’m reaching out for further assistance on our PHP 8 upgrade process. Your expertise and guidance would be greatly valued.

I’ve successfully upgraded Concrete5 on a test site (PHP 7.4.33) through consecutive versions up to 9.1.3.

However, I am still encountering issues when attempting to restore it on PHP 8.3 or even PHP 8.2. The process fails each time.

Looking forward to your insights. Thank you.

Hi @timothevs - I’m not sure if this would be problematic but would setting the environment to PHP 8.2 help? Just looking at system requirements here: System Requirements for Concrete CMS

Or like you mentioned, just sticking with PHP 7.4.33 until you get it all the way upgraded to 9.2.7 and then switching the environment over to PHP 8.3?