Updates of add-ons not available for download

Hi, recently I wanted to update one of my purchased add-ons (AB Blog) to the latest version, but I’m not getting the download link for this add-on, as well as other add-ons which are used in my project - see attached screenshot from “My Account->Licenses” page. Clicking on “Details” button only gives me additional information about purchase date and project it is used in.
The only add-on I can download updates for, is the one, which is actually not used in the project at all (unused license).

I was communicating with the developer of the add-on, he says the updated versions should be available. The license was purchased in 2020, and I’m not aware that it should expire…

Am I missing something or does anyone has any idea how I can get to the updated versions?

Thank you

concrete5 Version

Core Version - 8.5.2
Version Installed - 8.5.2
Database Version - 20190925072210

Database Information

Version: 10.3.25-MariaDB-0+deb10u1
SQL Mode: STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

concrete5 Packages

AB Blog (1.0.1), Background Image and Overlay (0.9.9), Cloneamental (0.9.3), File List Pro (1.1), Info Box Grid (1.8), Ronyd Expanded Search Bar (2.0), Staff Directory (1.1.8), SVG Social Media Icons (0.9.9), Wall Gallery Suite (1.2)

concrete5 Overrides

None

concrete5 Cache Settings

Block Cache - On
Overrides Cache - On
Full Page Caching - On - If blocks on the particular page allow it.
Full Page Cache Lifetime - Every 6 hours (default setting).

Server Software

Apache

Server API

apache2handler

PHP Version

7.3.29-1~deb10u1

PHP Extensions

apache2handler, calendar, Core, ctype, curl, date, dom, exif, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, hash, iconv, json, libxml, mbstring, mysqli, mysqlnd, openssl, pcre, PDO, pdo_mysql, Phar, posix, readline, Reflection, session, shmop, SimpleXML, sockets, sodium, SPL, standard, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, Zend OPcache, zip, zlib

PHP Settings

max_execution_time - 30
log_errors_max_len - 1024
max_file_uploads - 20
max_input_nesting_level - 64
max_input_time - 60
max_input_vars - 1000
memory_limit - 128M
post_max_size - 16M
upload_max_filesize - 8M
mbstring.regex_stack_limit - 100000
mysqli.max_links - Unlimited
mysqli.max_persistent - Unlimited
pcre.backtrack_limit - 1000000
pcre.recursion_limit - 100000
session.cache_limiter - no value
session.gc_maxlifetime - 7200
opcache.max_accelerated_files - 10000
opcache.max_file_size - 0
opcache.max_wasted_percentage - 5

Because the license is assigned, you can’t download it that way. The only way to update an assigned license is through MP integration from your site.

Thanks, I unfortunately don’t know what MP stands for in this context, but if I go to Dashboard->Extend Concrete5->Update Add-ons, I get “No updates for your add-ons are available.” message. The web site is correctly connected to the Concrete5 community, at least the page says so…
Is there something else I can check for?

MP stands for Market Place.
Perhaps you already have the latest version of AB Blog for your version of concrete cms?
This is from the AB Blog support page…

1. Package versions < 2.0.0 made for Concrete CMS v8 series
  2. Package versions > 2.0.0 made for Concrete CMS v9 series
  3. v8 versions NOT supported in v9 and v9 versions NOT supported in v8

I’m currently on version 1.0.1 of AB blog and according to the developer of the add-on (linuxoid) there is version 1.1.2 available, which fixes my issues and is working with C5 v8.5.

But this problem (unavailable updates for add-ons already used in the web project) also relates to other addons on my site, not just this one.

I wonder how I can check, why the update system is not working for me, and preferrably also how to repair it, so that it can see the updated versions. Anyone has any ideas?

I believe you may be using a concrete version that has broken marketplace functionality. You’ll need to unassign the license to download and install manually, then reassign the license to your project. There’s been some issue with the MP functionality and manually updating in the mean time does the trick until you’re on a concrete version that has the MP stuff fixed!!

Edit: Broken version or not, this will surely get you moving in the right direction!

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, will definitely try it. I also reached out to the add-on developer to confirm that re-assigning license will not corrupt the content already present on the website.

You should be ok. Unassigning and reasigning of addons to projects will not cause any data loss on your site. It’s uninstalling the package when you can lose data!