Upgrade Issues 8.5.5 to 9.1.3

Hello All,

To update a client’s site to use PHP 8, I’ve updated C5 version 8.5.5 to 9.1.3. Doing so has presented a lot of challenges. I have managed to get the site working but issues persist with the custom packages that are in place.

Previously, these packages required assets and loaded them in the following way:

$this->requireAsset('core/file-manager');

$this->requireAsset('core/sitemap');

$this->requireAsset('redactor');

$html = Loader::helper('html');

$this->addHeaderItem($html->css('https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/bootstrap.tagsinput/0.8.0/bootstrap-tagsinput.css'));

$this->addHeaderItem($html->javascript('https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/bootstrap.tagsinput/0.8.0/bootstrap-tagsinput.min.js'));

$this->addHeaderItem($html->css($this->getBlockAssetPath().'/form.css'));

$this->addHeaderItem($html->javascript($this->getBlockAssetPath().'/form.js'));

In order to get it working in 9.1.3, I have had to heavily refactor this to point precisely at the files it needs, using the addHeaderItem in some instances; there has to be an easier way. Even with the refactor, I am not able to edit images specifically in edit mode. When I try to select an image, I don’t get the same options.

Before:

After:

Additionally, there are a number of errors that appear in the console:

Uncaught TypeError: this._$notificationsBox.find(...).collapse is not a function

redactor is not a function

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what needs to be done? Or are there any good examples for custom packages that require assets? I can’t find any information thus far that’s helpful.

So it looks like you’re loading in Bootstrap CSS + JS from an external source - you might want to avoid loading in Bootstrap manually because it will conflict with the core bootstrap libraries.

You can invoke the Core bootstrap libraries to support your theme or functionality and that can help avoid conflict.

Also Redactor isn’t the used Rich Text Editor presently so I’m not sure what the assets for Redactor would be and if they would conflict.

Hope that helps.