Upgrade our Concrete software from version 5.7 to V9

We are currently running Version 5.7 so we are obviously well behind. I just need to know what is the safest and most streamlined process for upgrading to the latest version without losing anything from the previous version. It has been mentioned that upgrading from older CMSs you tend to have to upgrade in version order to properly upgrade, is this the same case with Concrete5? Or is there a better option, to mostly keep our existing site, at a similar cost as upgrading versions? Thanks.

1 Like

A lot will depend on what addons you have installed.

For the core upgrade i would incrementally upgrade to 5.8.4 and then jump to 5.8,16 then incrementally up to v9

Thr process can be full of little snags with the addons but you need to update them as you go.

I just back up after every updte and make sure its all done on a staging or dev version of the site and not the live site.

If you want any help i would be happy to work with you on this via an hourly rate

Hello,
Greetings! I have read the job description and have relevant experience in an Concrete CMS and am ready to help you. I did upgrade some of the sites to latest version from 5.X. Issues faced was Old Package installed, theme customization, and some developers have modified the core files of ConcreteCMS to achieve some logic.

So, we have to take care all these details and upgrade it. But in the End I got success and upgraded the Concrete. We can discuss it more over Email.

Thanks,
Shivank Agrawal
Email: info@elderberrytech.com

Depends on how complex your site is but it could be worth just rebuilding in the latest version. It might be some things can be re-used and the data can be imported. Contact us for an estimate: info@antropy.co.uk

Hello @sleavesley
Hope you are doing well!

I’m eager to help upgrade your Concrete5 site from Version 5.7 to the latest release.

With a streamlined approach and meticulous attention to detail, I’ll ensure a seamless transition without losing any data or functionality.

Let’s discuss the safest and most cost-effective strategy, including incremental upgrades and rigorous testing, to achieve your goals.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards
Alan Jones
E- alanjones(dot)tis(at)gmail(dot)com
Skype - live:.cid.6a62b7b34d1aa390

Hello There,
Greetings!

After reviewing your requirements, I’m excited about the opportunity to help with your project.

Please share your contact details so that we can discuss this further.

Email: ianradnor088(at)gmail(dot)com

Eagerly anticipate your response.

Regards,
Ian

Hi Sleavesley,

I hope you might have done a research regarding version upgrade.
Nothing would be complicated unless you have a backup of Live site and any customization to core files can’t be saved.

Due to the latest versions of PHP not supported by your hosting provider can be one reason for upgrade. I can check your website code for old functions not supported by PHP 8.0 and update them to latest ones.

Please let me know If you are looking someone to accompany
eMail : deepvyas71@gmail.com

Good Day
Deep