Upgrading Concrete

I am currently using version 9.3.1 and trying to upgrade to version 9.3.2.
When I try to download the new version in Apply Update I get the following error message:

The directory /home/nbfbbcom/domains/nbfbb.com/public_html/updates/ already exists. Perhaps this item has already been installed.

If I delete the update directory I get the message it can’t find the it.

Any ideas?? I’m baffled as to what do do.

I was able to upgrade to 9.3.1 using unzipper.php but now when I try it
I get file 404 message and the php becomes 0 bytes.

Thank you for any help.

Hi @tlkane3 - are those the actual error messages you’re seeing? can you paste those in as they appear? Thanks.

Hmm - is this thread helpful? Seems like a similar issue:

Hi Evan,

Tried that and, long story short, I decided to just start over and install new.
Did a complete removal of the old version and installed the new version.

Problem now is that when I go to nbf.bb.com I get the following

Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘nbfbbcom_conc83’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) in /home/nbfbbcom/domains/nbfbb.com/public_html/concrete/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:40 Stack trace: #0 /home/nbfbbcom/domains/nbfbb.com/public_html/concrete/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(40): PDO->__construct(‘mysql:host=loca…’, ‘nbfbbcom_conc83’, ‘W67S27p)d[’, Array) #1 /home/nbfbbcom/domains/nbfbb.com/public_html/concrete/src/Database/Connection/PDOConnection.php(22): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->__construct(‘mysql:host=loca…’, ‘nbfbbcom_conc83’, ‘W67S27p)d[’, Array) #2 /home/nbfbbcom/domains/nbfbb.com/public_html/concrete/src/Database/Driver/PDOMySqlConcrete/Driver.php(18): Concrete\Core\Database\Connection\PDOConnection->__construct(‘mysql:host=loca…’, ‘nbfbbcom_conc83’, ‘W67S27p)d[’, Array) #3 /home/nbfbbcom/domains/nbfbb.com/public_html/concrete/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(412 in /home/nbfbbcom/domains/nbfbb.com/public_html/concrete/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDO/Exception.php on line 18

If I use nbfbb.com/public_html the website loads.

Thanks for any help!!

Verify that the user has the necessary privileges. First things first, check if your “nbfbbcom_conc83” user has the correct permissions

Well that may be the problem, the database being used is nbfbb_conc817. Being a noob, I therefore ask the following. What files do I need to edit to point to the correct data base? or do I create a new datsbase with the conc83 name? Thank you so much for your reply. I didn’t even notice the name error.

So better to check it once and than make the decision to create another one.

1 Like

Thank you once again. There were several public_html folders from trying to update/resinstall Concrete. I did a new installation and things are running well.
Thank you once again to all that helped me!!

2 Likes

For anyone in the future running into this problem, you can manually make the changes here to get past this bug: Fix #12092 · concretecms/concretecms@0c50356 · GitHub

Is there an updated fix to this? I have 9.3.2 trying to upgrade to 9.3.3? My code in the concrete/controllers/single_page/dashboard/system/update/update.php file does not match what is shown on that bug fix.

@JRick have you updated through the Dashboard in the past? If so, then the code you want to change will be located in the updates/ directory. See this post for an example.

1 Like

@Myq I’ll check out that post. I’ve remote updated through the dashboard from 9.2.2 through 9.2.7. I had to manually update to 9.3.2.

I got it. Thanks again!

1 Like

For anyone else that comes across this thread, there is a tutorial here: Upgrade Concrete versions 9.3.1 and 9.3.2 :: Concrete CMS

1 Like

Yes! Thank you Myq! That is how it should be done: detailed, complete, concrete. :heart:

1 Like