What should be next for Community Store?

Here’s a list of free Yookassa addons for OpenCart which can probably be used as a base for the Community Store addon:

https://yookassa.ru/integration/cms/

YooMoney told me they actually have a YooKassa PHP SDK:

That’s great, always makes it easier.

I don’t want to get your hopes up that I’ll be able to jump in and put this together as a new option though - it’s a lot of work to put together and test each payment method, and unless I have a project related reason I’m unlikely to do this.

But if you did want to tackle it yourself, you could use one of the other gateways as a base, and then I’d be happy to provide guidance. Most gateways follow the same kinds of patterns, so I’m sure one of the existing payment methods could act as an example.

Well, I’ll try give it another go. Could you please tell me which CS payment plugin is the best to use as a starting point for an external payment integration, that is on the YooKassa side?

@linuxoid Probably GitHub - concrete5-community-store/community_store_payrexx: Payrexx payments for Community Store for Concrete CMS

You’d remove the Payrexx library from composer and install the yookassa one instead.

The important thing is fully understand the ‘flow’ here. From a quick look, it should work quite similar to the Payrexx one, in that you need to create a ‘Payment’ through the API, and from them receive back details include a URL to redirect the customer to to make payment.

So a customer would click ‘complete order’ in the checkout, which then would call the redirectForm function of the payment method, and it’s in that it would start communicating with the gateway, set up the ‘Payment’ and forward the customer on.

So you would do this step:
https://yookassa.ru/en/developers/payments/quick-start?lang=php#create-payment
at this point here:

(this function uses a getGatewayURL function to actually do the connection via the API, but that’s just to keep things tidy)

Then you need to adjust the callback function specifically for the gateway as well.

@mesuva I just love it when you start by saying you wouldn’t have the time to do it because it’s complicated and then casually practically build the whole thing in your quick comment :joy:

1 Like

One major issue eCommerce store owners face is the drop off of customers in checkout. This can typically be 60-90%. So we need to make sure the checkout process is as simple, quick and appealing to users as possible. Perhaps we can even consider functionality like emailing the customer to remind them they have products in their cart etc.

Going a bit of topic here. My experience of abandoning a cart at checkout.

Yes, sometimes an abandoned cart at checkout is because the checkout process is laborious, confused, misleading etc. This is generic to online shopping. Not specific to Community Store. I agree that anything that can be done to simplify and clarify checkout is good.

It can also be because taking a cart to checkout is often the only way to find out some information critical to the purchase decision. If going to checkout is the only way to discover the total, tax, surcharges, discounts, shipping costs etc., then customers go to checkout to discover such information. If the information was available earlier in the process, they wouldn’t need to go to checkout.

It may make no difference to the completion rate for that purchase, but perhaps leaves the abandoning customer more positively disposed to return in the future.

1 Like

@madesimplemedia There does already exist GitHub - concrete5-community-store/community_store_abandoned_cart: Abandoned Cart package for Concrete5 Community Store
(I’ve not used it myself)

Interesting, I hadn’t seen that :+1:

Personally I think Community Store has a good checkout process. I was implying it’s not simple. I think the only thing we added was a places lookup so it’ll autocomplete the address.

There actually is an address lookup built in now

It’s a fairly generic Google one, compared to the UK style one you often come across where it type in a postcode and it then gives you a list of addresses to select.

I like very much Community Store. It’s quite simply and like to keep it that way.
My wishes are more like css job, but I found these too difficult to do.

1. Product search for customer use is missing.
  2. Option for attention text on product thumbnails like ’New’, ’On Sale’ or ’Few left’ etc. (Overview)
  3. It would be nice if you can choose how to show your product images on page a) click to enlarge or b) magnify glass for enlarge c) imagebox efect like hover text and button. (Product List block)
  4. More filters for product listing. Price, cheapiest first and Price, most expensive first we already have. List only manufacturer X, last updated first, newiest first, alphabetical or by category are needed. (Product List block)
  5. Items in the cart takes plenty of room, couple of ready custom styles needed. (Utility Links block)
  6. Using Option List there is a Display Types: Drop-Down and Radio Button. When I use forexample Size as option it would be nice if all sizes are listed horizontally. S - M - L - XL as selectable buttons if available in storage. (Options and Variations)
  7. Option to show Stock Level quantity (Overview)
  8. Customer list page with contact and sales information (admin/reports).

I would be happy if some of these could be include in future versions.

This is some great feedback.

1. I think a search is definitely something looking into. The default Concrete search can be adapted to search for products, and output product details, but that does require a level of knowledge.

2. This can be achieved now with product attributes and a custom product/list template

3. Further options might be a good idea, but I tend to lend towards this being a customisation, rather than something built in. What might be useful are some semi-official additional block templates

4. I agree the filters could be extended

5. The cart appearance is another thing that I lean towards being a customisation. For example, with the sites we build with Community Store, we don’t actually use Bootstrap - we build them ourselves with Sass, so have full control over styling. That’s one of the core goals with this add-on, that’s it’s able to be styled and customised easily - but it’s not aiming to be able to handle a very wide range of styles out-of-the-box.

6. This display comes down to styling again, but I think considering a further option like a horizontal list would be good

7. This can be done now with attributes, or through fetching the stock level programatically. It does become fiddly though with variations.

8. There currently are some reports that can show you the details of every customer that has purchased a particular product. Further reports to show customer details might come down to the particulars of the data you are wanting to fetch. I think such a report would be useful, but might be better handled in an add-on that installs further report pages.

Could I ask please for a SumUp Checkout payment AddOn?
SumUp is getting more and more popular here in the UK and in Europe and it makes payment handling easy at a very competative price.

That would be very much appreciated
Stephan

I’m always open to adding new payment gateways, but the reality is that they’re quite a lot of work to build and test.

So it’s not work I’m likely to take on without there being a business case for doing so, either we need it for a client ourselves, or someone pays us to build it. The latter is something we do offer if you wanted to make contact.

Or if you’re keen to build it yourself, I’m certainly happy to provide guidance and assistance.

1 Like

Hi Ryan,

I’d love to see discounts, both a one-time code (% discount and amounts), and gift-card type ($100) that can be used for multiple purchases/checkouts.

I’ve done this in C for a POS system, with a pretty simple database table:

id       type  code    amount  expires    email    active
autoinc  enum  char    dec.    date       varchar  bool
----     ----  ----    ------  -------    -----    ------
1        P     FALL20  20     2021-12-25  (empty)  1   ; 20 percent off checkout (for anybody) by Christmas
199      A     GIFT20  0.00   YYYY-MM-DD  a@a.com  0   ; 20 dollars, used and inactive
200      A     GIFT100 100.00 YYYY-MM-DD  j@j.com  1   ; 100 dollars, tied to an email, decremented as they go

These of course could also be purchase-able products (buy a $100 gift card for $90).

Possibly, also tied to categories or attributes (i.e. 15% off all Fishing Equipment).

I haven’t dug into the code enough to know how hard this would be to add :wink:

Keep up the great work!

It appears the code block isn’t using a monospaced font :frowning:

It came through as monospaced in the email.
Looks like the styles applied to the forum are a bit aggressive with fonts…

There was a gift card addon for the old c5.6 core commerce.

It worked as a combination of a generator for products containing a unique gift card code - so visitors could buy the gift card, then a gift card payment method that accepted the code to access and deduct from its remaining value.