New server

I made my sisters webpage back in 2014 using concrete5. Now she has moved to a ned webhotel and I need to move the whole website to the new location.

1. What directory do I need to download (cannot find the correct)
  2. I guess the sql etc is a newer version now. Do I need to upgrade the website?

the website in question is cellista.no

Hi,

It is very simple to move a concrete CMS site.

At a simple level you just need to move all the files in the root folder and copy over the DB.

Like everything there are a few more issue to deal with but I’d be more than happy to talk you through it

But there are few how to’s which I will try and dig out

Freat. Thank you. For now I just need to figure out where the root folder ofd the site is located

I see there is a folder called public_html. I guess this is the one?

Normally yes,

Just make sure the new server is running the right PHP version for your site.

I have downloaded the wholw website from the former webserver and uploaded the “public html” folder to the new server. I was told I had not uploaded the sql file. Where does it go?

Version 5.7

You need to export database from old server.

Any webhosts usually comes with phpmyadmin or something similar at their server panel.
This is the admin system to manage your database.
You should be able to export SQL from it.

OR server panel such as cPanel has built-in system that let you export SQL.

You should go look some support or help page of the web host to find where it is.

AH. Too late. They closed down the site. I juist downloaded everything on the server. No way to get to the sql? I found a couple sql files

If you have a complete download of files and database, my advice would be to give a copy of those to a developer to see if they can rescue it all for you.

They told me to find the database and import it to their sql. These are the databases I found. Which one??? They were all in a folder called “mysql”
Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 15.51.25

It doesn`t matter if it is not a very recent version

Take a look in the application->config->database.php file to find the name of the database.

I find a config folder in “public_html” and then inside “concrete” folder. The screenshot is from the opne inside “concrete” folder. I do not find any “application” folders
Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 16.22.26

I found it. Hope it will work. Thank you

One step closer. Now I get this error:

Warning : require(/home/cellivzp/public_html/updates/concrete5.6.3.4/concrete/dispatcher.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cellivzp/public_html/concrete/startup/updated_core_check.php on line 7

Fatal error : require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/cellivzp/public_html/updates/concrete5.6.3.4/concrete/dispatcher.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear’) in /home/cellivzp/public_html/concrete/startup/updated_core_check.php on line 7

This looks like the 5.6.3.4 version is not found in the updates folder.
Go to https://marketplace.concretecms.com/download_file/-/view/82244/8497/ and download the 5.6.3.4 core and unzip it into the updates folder and see if that gets you any further.

Hmm strange. The website worked on the old server. I just copied the files and database to the new server

Where is the updates folder?

Its is in the root of your site so that would be public_html/updates/

Checked now. Its there