Upcoming changes to Market Place

Yeah, I see what you mean.

We just updated the My Account page it’s a little easier to get around now from there.

We also fixed the Licenses page so download works. I agree it needs search and filter, we’ll make that a priority.

1 Like

Okay. Added a search and filter to that page, does that help?

Also made a few improvements to purchase detail and made assign license an auto-complete.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thanks for the changes, it is much better.
A sort function would also be very helpful.

The link to the standard market place licence is still just taking you to the the add on or theme page. Screen shot of link i am referring to is included.
Screenshot 2024-05-30 085855

A fix is in the works. Check out the license here: Commercial Extension License :: Concrete CMS

What has happened to the “get help” section of themes or add ons? where you could ask the developer questions on problems or how to do things.

I found section very useful, not only to submit your own questions, but it was useful to look at the history of the other questions and answers (where you might find the solution you were looking for without contacting the developer)

@alaneku you can get support by clicking the “Send Message” button under the author’s name:

@frz i still have 0 licences in my profile. I had bought stuff in the last year so should have some stuff there. Is this right?

@TMDesigns. Did you click on ‘Licenses’?
Mine shows a ‘0’ for marketplace licenses. But clicking the button it shows I have 16 (all updated by somebody on the 17th May 2024).

Another issue is I’m not seeing is any new transactions?
Example: Before the move I had close to thirty free downloaded/purchased from one. Have people stopped choosing the add-on or is it not showing?

I get nothing

Another strange thing. I have an add-on that I cannot download ‘Simple Audio Player’ (not that I want to, I have my own). Gives an error?

Error

@Steevb can you try the simple audio player again? That product has (should have been) fixed.

I’ll look into this and get back to you

Simple Audio Player working now. Thanks.

1 Like

I know it is possible to send a message to the developer, but where is the history of the support requests??? That is a very interesting and useful resource - shame it has “disappeared”

2 Likes

Yes this is a huge loss IMO. One of the great things was the help section so it showed questions and responses from various users. I could often help myself and not create yet another request to the developer for the same thing they answered many many times.

It also was a great gauge as to how invested the developer was too.

Please bring this aspect back. Maybe if Developers want to use another system, allow for them to set up a redirect mail or something, but this is a big miss IMO to an otherwise very nice overhaul.

2 Likes

Let’s hope we get a reply from the Marketplace developers :smiley:

At the moment I am waiting for Concrete version 9.3.2 to be made available for up grade through the dashboard - at the moment I am still on version 9.2.9 so cannot not even open the new marketplace or check my add ons :smiling_face_with_tear:

I totally agree. The support section was always my first port of call when problem solving with add-ons plus as @plschneide has said it was a good way to see how proactive the developer was in solving and replying to end user issues. It gave you confidence in making the purchase.

2 Likes

I have always treated support forums more like “Github issues”/private forum section for addon.
Does anyone complain about privacy and discretion there? Not really…
You could always send private message (and some people were doing it).

If any common bug has occured, it was the first place to look for answers.
It also filtered abandoned projects, so you could see if addon is still supported/developed.

Marketplace, although new and shiny, is a little sterile and souless now.

I maintain a problem solving and FAQ page for each of my addons on my support site.
Any support question asked, if it applies generally I try and work it into a new problem/answer on those pages.

That is awesome and BTW your responses on the previous forum were always timely.

Yes I was just now having to track down how to contact the developer for a plugin, who was always timely on the forum. Now oops - no contact on concrete, well navigate to their web page, find their generic contact and contact them.

Not to mention dang I posted some specific data that I had asked about and now I don’t have that info.

And… while I sometimes found it annoying to provided the system info for any post, I bet developers liked getting that as part of their content.

Having the forum and something like @JohntheFish does on his own site would be so much better.